Copyright © The Everton Collection Information published here was believed to be correct at the time it was prepared.
Over at Goodison work on Everton's new ground on the Mere Green Field gathered pace. The minute books record that a company called Kelly Brothers was employed to carry out much of the building. On 2 May 1892 the Committee agreed that Kelly Brothers would level the ground, lay water pipes and erect new hoardings at a cost of £479.00. The Company obviously did a good job - in 1894 Benjamin Kelly became an Everton director.